Looking After Student Mental Wellbeing During Exam Time
DescriptionAll students suffer with exam anxiety, however, it seems that more students are struggling to effectively manage their anxiety which can have a detrimental effect on their exam performance. This webinar will look at the underlying factors around anxiety and give education staff the knowledge, and tools, needed to empower students to effectively manage their anxiety.
- To understand the causes of anxiety.
- To learn how anxiety affects us physically.
- To be able to identify how settings may be contributing to increased anxiety.
- To develop a bank of tools and resources to empower students to manage their anxiety.
- Anyone working with students who are suffering exam anxiety.
About Sam Garner:Sam is a renowned speaker, trainer and author specialising in mental health and SEN. She has been a SENCo in a large secondary school and is a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, and a Child and Adolescent Counsellor. Sam also set up a company providing mental health CBT programmes for schools. She is in high demand to speak at conferences and events and provides in-house training for schools and companies, nationally and internationally. Lauded for her humour and ‘telling it like it is’ approach to mental health, Sam has had her book Mental Health in Education published by Routledge,and regularly writes for several publications with more books in the pipeline for publication.
Date: Tues 7th Mar, 2023
01:30 pm – 02:00 pm (GMT)