Transformation through Coaching
- Headteachers and senior leaders
- Professional development leaders
- Middle leaders
Webinar DescriptionWhen done right, coaching will have a transformative impact on any organisation. This webinar will help you to understand why it works and how it might look in your school. The session will look at a coaching model, but will also consider coaching as a “way of behaving” – a set of principles and practices that will lead to a sustainable culture of interdependence. The session will allow for interaction and reflection, as well as provide you with “take-away” tools and ideas that will help you to get started on your coaching experience.
- Understand the coaching process and its impact on people and organisational culture
- Explore why there has never been a better time to introduce coaching as a leadership approach
- Understand the T-GROW model for coaching
- Understand the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Be able to implement a coaching model in your school
Presenter BiographyJohn is a specialist in developing leadership cultures through values- driven change and improvement. During 30 years’ as a teacher, he’s led schools at all levels through his headship and as the director of a multi-academy trust. John believes teachers are the most important professionals in any school, which requires us to invest in their development through high- quality learning. As a qualified coach himself, John uses coaching to achieve sustainable improvement, focusing on performance improvement and collaborative learning. He has created and presented many professional development courses for teachers and leaders – his online course on raising expectations and challenge in the classroom is a must for many UK teachers. Committed to driving global best practice, John’s been involved in international research projects in Europe and America. His work on character education saw him advising MPs in 2018..
Wednesday 22 January 2020
17:30-18:20 (UK Time)