The Fundamentals of Phonics
Our free expert webinar will be on Monday 04 March 2019, and will be delivered by Ms. Alexandra Charalambous.
- Nursery Reception, KS1 and KS2 teachers
- To learn the principles of the alphabetic code, including the terminology.
- To be able to articulate the phonemes correctly.
- Understand the core skills for reading (blending and segmenting).
- Practical ideas to use with children in the classroom.
Webinar DescriptionPhonics is one of the main methods used for teaching children how to read. As a teacher, it is important that you refresh your knowledge on phonics to ensure you are teaching reading the most effective way. Phonics is also needed to be a good speller therefore knowledge of the alphabetic code is crucial. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the basics of phonics and a range of strategies that can be used directly in the classroom.
Monday 04 March 2019
17:30-18:30 (UK Time)