12 morale boosters to help build a high-performance nurturing culture in your school
Boost staff performance by adopting these simple morale boosters, helping create even better opportunities and providing a platform that nurtures skills and talents every day!
- Display large photos around the school of pupils enjoying learning with their teachers
- Organise staff wellbeing weeks when no meetings are scheduled
- Change end of term celebrations to keep them fresh
- Encourage staff to set up diverse social activities like a book club, cake baking, kayaking or yoga
- Once a week, dedicate 10 minutes to celebrate the exceptional work or outstanding effort of individual staff. This should be led by senior and middle leaders.
- Get school governors to write termly thank you cards to staff who have gone that extra mile
- Produce staff and student videos and showcase these around the school
- Encourage students to say and write thank you letters to staff
- Ensure all senior staff are approachable. SLT should have an open-door policy on at least one morning or afternoon a week.
- Continually build a team ethos of ‘we are all in this together for the benefit of our students’
- Promote and celebrate diversity days through student and staff assemblies, by using school videos and attending events in the area
- When designing professional development training, allocate enough follow-up time to practice newly acquired skills and to use programme material